Work Permits and Crew Information

Work Permits

Employment and Social Development Canada/Service Canada provides information regarding work permits for temporary foreign workers. In most cases Canadian employers hiring foreign workers in film and entertainment must get a Labour Market Opinion(LMO). The foreign worker also requires a Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) work permit to work in Canada (Alberta).

For more information contact Alberta Film.

Crew Information

For up-to-date crew rates and information, please contact Alberta Film or the relevant union or guild listed below:

  • ACTRA Alberta represents professional performers working in English-language recorded media in Alberta including TV, film, radio and digital media.
  • Directors Guild of Canada - Alberta Chapter represents key creative and logistical personnel in the film and television industry covering all areas of direction, design, production and editing.
  • General Teamsters Local 362 represents those who work as animal handlers (wranglers), drivers and caterers in TV movies, TV series and major motion pictures filmed in Alberta.
  • IATSE 210 (Edmonton) and IASTE 212 (Calgary) represent technicians, artisans and craftperson's in the entertainment industry, including live theatre, motion picture, television production and trade shows.
  • IATSE 669 represents the camera crews and unit publicists who work on all forms of motion picture and television production.
Last reviewed/revised: March 18, 2019
Share this page on: